Website Terms and Conditions
Before browsing the Foods listed on this site, you must agree to the Terms and Conditions listed below
Foods You Can Terms and Conditions for website usage
The term ‘Foods You Can’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 31 Abbey Lane Sheffield S8 0BJ. Our company registration number is 07531920. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Food You Can’s prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Scotland and Wales.
Health Tests and Private Blood Testing Terms & Conditions
By proceeding with any test you are formally giving Foods You Can Ltd your informed consent to perform the tests you have ordered.
Results and Reports
As part of our service and to help ensure we provide you with accurate information and results, you may be required to complete a short medical questionnaire online. Not all sections are mandatory and the questionnaire covers basic aspects of your medical history, lifestyle, family health history and gender-specific details. The information collected is used solely in relation to the tests and services you purchase from Foods You Can Ltd. No information is passed onto your doctor or will appear on any official medical records.
Note that you will not be able to access any results or reports until the declaration section of the medical questionnaire has been completed.
Payment must be received in full prior to the processing of your order.
All prices are ‘Total’. This means that there are no additional costs*. The exception is of phlebotomy fees where applicable. A full list of phlebotomies will be provided to for you to contact and make an appointment to use their service. Phlebotomy fees will then need to be paid to them directly. Orders sent outside the UK may be subject to additional shipping charges. Note that for some tests we may not need to ship a sample collection kit, instructions and details may be sent by email or post.
Methods of payment include: Master Card, Visa, Visa Electron, Switch, Solo and Maestro. Your order will not be fully processed until the payment has cleared.
After your payment has been processed we will send your order by post**. You should receive your order within 2 working days depending on stock and availability. Note that some orders may not require a sample/test kit to be sent. Where no sample/test kit needs to be shipped, your confirmation email stating the order has been processed constitutes the status of your order as being shipped.
Next Day delivery is also an option when placing your order. Full details of this will be highlighted during your order process.
If you change your mind after placing an order, you can cancel it at any time before it has been shipped and receive a full refund.
Once your order has been shipped you have up to 30 days to cancel the order. Orders cancelled within 30 days after shipping will be subject to a cancellation charge of £25. You will need to return to us by post your order before we can make a refund.
Please understand that we will not refund an order where:
- The sample taking kit has been used, damaged or has missing parts including invoices and laboratory request forms.
- You have had a blood sample or other sample taken at a clinic, laboratory or other facility as arranged by Foods You Can Ltd.
- A sample has been delivered to the laboratory for analysis.
- The 30 day cancellation period has expired.
You must put your cancellation request in writing or email your cancellation request to email@example.com and include the reason why you wish to cancel.
We recommend that orders are returned to us by guaranteed next day delivery as returns lost in the post will not be refunded without proof of posting.
We aim to refund customers within 7 working days of receiving a cancellation request or receipt of the returned order if it had already been shipped.
Once processed, refunds will be transferred back to the original credit card/debit card.
These guarantees are in addition to your statutory rights, which remain unaffected.
Your test/s or health screen is valid for 3 months from the date of purchase. After this time period, your order will be invalid and no refund will be available.
Replacement Test Kits
If you lose or damage your test kit, or it expires, we can send you another. Kits generally have a shelf-life of 6 months. There is a £25 administration charge for replacement kits.
Test Results & Turnaround Times
Please note that the turnaround times for results shown on the website are calculated in working days.
The turnaround times may be affected by public holidays.
We give no guarantee that results are always available in the time shown on the website.
Do not arrange or book appointments with medical professionals who may depend on the results being available until your results have been uploaded to your secure online account. Foods You Can Ltd will not be held responsible for costs or inconveniences incurred by results not being available within the turnaround times specified on the website.
Any tissue, bodily fluid, biological or personal samples sent to one of our laboratories for analysis will be analysed only in relation to the tests that you have ordered. In some cases, samples may be stored for up to a maximum of 4 weeks after the initial analysis to give you the opportunity to add on tests or to repeat the analysis. Samples will be discarded/destroyed once the analysis or storage period has expired.
Privacy & Data Protection
Your personal information and medical results are strictly private and confidential. Information is not submitted for your medical record or provided to any third parties whatsoever without your prior written consent.
We may use your personal information for internal marketing purposes only unless you specify otherwise. For example, we may send you information via emails or newsletters about offers and health information. If you have purchased a health test we may contact you annually to remind you when your next annual check is due.
* You may incur additional costs if you pay for your samples to be delivered by a guaranteed next day service. We will recommend that you use a next day delivery service for certain tests as a delay in the sample reaching the laboratory may affect results.
** If you decide to go to one of our laboratories to have samples taken we will not send a kit by post as this will be at the laboratory. Information will be sent to you by email. Your order status is considered as shipped where no kit is required to be sent for the test or health check ordered, however, we will have sent you an order confirmation with instructions on how to proceed.
Orders placed on our site that is to be shipped outside of the UK will incur additional shipping fees from the UK to the designated address. Customs fees may apply when shipped to certain locations and these fees must be paid by the person placing the order. At times, mail forwarding companies may be a good option when buying a product to be shipped outside of the UK. Please get in touch with us directly for more information regarding this.
Any samples that need to be sent back to our laboratories must be done so via a local post office or courier if you are based outside of the UK. Please contact us for further information about shipping to or from an international location should you want to.